Wood Fired Pizza Crust
Flavors / Smokes Used
|Flavor / Smoke||Usage Rate||Description|
|Nat Wood Fired FL WONF RA12044||0.5%||Gives a distinctive smokiness. Subtle charred and seared notes as if cooked over an open fire from Northern hardwoods.|
|Dry Active Yeast||0.18||0.01||5.00||0.50|
|All Purpose Flour||20.01||1.25||567.20||56.72|
- Mix the yeast and sugar with warm water (105 – 112°F) and allow yeast to bloom for 10 minutes.
- Blend the flour, salt and Red Arrow product.(Remove flour from recipe – if dry Red Arrow products are added).
- Using a dough hook, gradually add the water mixture to the flour mixture.
- Add the oil into the dry ingredients while the dough hook is running.
- Pour dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth.
- Shape dough into a ball, place inside a lightly pan sprayed bowl and cover with film. Place in holding oven set at 120°F and proof for 1 hour. (Should double in size)
- Place the dough on a lightly floured surface and knead until the air is pushed out.
- Portion and roll
- dough to desired thickness. Shape and dock to prevent puffing.
- Place on a baking pan and bake at 350°F until edges are golden. (7 – 8 minutes)
- Cool, wrap and freeze the dough. Microwave dough for 25 seconds from frozen state.
Other Recommended Flavors:
CharOil B and RA03076: delivers a well-rounded charred flavor with an ashy, hickory note and background meaty impression.
Usage rate of CharOil B: 0.5%
Usage rate of RA03076: 0.45%