Spaghetti with Smoked Tomato Cream Sauce
Flavors / Smokes Used
|Flavor / Smoke||Usage Rate||Description|
|Nat Sauteed Mushroom FL WONF RA10038||.50%||Nat Sautéed Mushroom FL WONF RA10038 adds freshly sautéed mushroom essence with buttery notes and umami foundation while Charsol 5100 adds balanced smoke character, reminiscent of the hearty traditional smoke process.|
|Cayenne Pepper, ground||0.01||0.00||0.00||0.00|
|Garlic ,minced, jarred||0.29||0.00||0.00||0.00|
|Oregano, dried leaves||0.02||0.00||0.00||0.00|
|San Marzano Tomatoes, canned||19.82||0.00||0.00||0.00|
|Yellow Onion, chopped||3.32||0.00||0.00||0.00|
1. Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. When the oil is hot, add the garlic and onions.
2. Cook while stirring for 3 to 4 minutes.
3. Add the tomato paste and cook for 1 minute. Add the tomatoes and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring often.
4. Add the chicken stock, cayenne, salt, sugar, basil, oregano and Red Arrow products.
5. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to a gentle simmer and cook for 25 to 30 minutes, stirring often.
6. Using an immersion blender, puree the tomato mixture until smooth.
7. Place the tomato sauce in a saucepan and add the cream.
8. Simmer sauce for about 6 minutes over medium-low heat or until slightly thickened.
9. Toss with hot cooked spaghetti. Serve with fully cooked Italian sausage and grated Parmesan cheese.