Currant – Pecan Pork Chop Stuffing
Flavors / Smokes Used
|Flavor / Smoke||Usage Rate||Description|
|Nat Roast FL RA09030-OS||0.5%||By adding Nat Roast FL RA09030-OS into the stuffing before it is put into the pork chop, it will add a smooth and mouthwatering roast note as if the stuffing was baked by itself.|
|White Sandwich Bread||7.35||0.46||208.30||20.83|
|Sweet Marsala Wine||4.79||0.30||135.90||13.59|
|Shallots, small diced||4.56||0.28||129.20||12.92|
|Celery, small diced||4.64||0.29||131.60||13.16|
|Sage, fresh, leaves, minced||0.02||0.00||0.70||0.07|
|Thyme, fresh, leaves, minced||0.03||0.00||0.90||0.09|
|Parsley, fresh, leaves, minced||0.36||0.02||10.10||1.01|
|Black Pepper, fine ground||0.06||0.00||1.80||0.18|
|Pecans, toasted, chopped||2.59||0.16||73.50||7.35|
- Heat the oven to 250oF. Spread the cubed bread in a single layer on a sheet pan and bake until thoroughly dried but not browned (about 30 minutes).
- Bring the Marsala wine and currants to a boil in a sauce pan; once boiling, remove from heat, cover and set aside. Allow the currants to plump (about 5 minutes). Strain and set the currants aside. Reserve the Marsala wine.
- Heat the butter in a skillet over medium-high heat and sauté the shallots and celery until softened. Add the sage, thyme, parsley and reserved Marsala wine and cook until moisture has evaporated (about 1 minute). Set aside.
- Whisk the egg, chicken broth, salt, pepper and Red Arrow product in a large bowl. Add the bread cubes, currants, shallot and herb mixture and pecans. Toss gently until combined.
- Arrange the stuffing in the pork chops and bake at 300°F until the pork chops reach an internal temperature of 160ºF.