Charcoal Grilled Steak Tips with Mushroom Onion Gravy
Flavors / Smokes Used
|Flavor / Smoke||Usage Rate||Description|
|Nat Charcoal Grill RA17028||0.75%||Nat Charcoal Grill RA17028 adds a balance of the topical notes of sear, char and roast, coupled with an extremely meaty, savory backbone.|
|Sliced White Mushrooms||16.23||1.01||460.00||46.00|
|Thinly Sliced Onion||7.16||0.45||203.00||20.30|
|Minced Garlic Cloves||0.18||0.01||5.00||0.50|
|Red Wine Vinegar||0.18||0.01||5.00||0.50|
- Add the phosphate to the water as it is stirring on a stir plate. Allow the solution to become clear.
- Add the salt and allow to dissolve completely.
- Add the Red Arrow product and stir until combined.
- Add 15% marinade to 85% beef weight (100% beef weight = 454 grams).
- Vacuum tumble for 30 minutes. Set aside.
- Add about 14 grams oil to a large skillet and heat until just smoking. Brown hallf of charcoal grill marinated steak tips on all sides; remove from skillet and place on a plate. Repeat with 14 grams oil and remaining steak tips; remove from skillet and add to the plate of reserved steak tips.
- Add remaining oil to skillet and heat over medium heat. Add mushrooms, onion and a pinch of salt. Cover, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms have released all their liquid, about 5 minutes. Uncover and continue cooking until vegetables begin to brown, about 4 to 6 minutes.
- Stir in garlic, tomato paste, and thyme and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in flour and cook for 1 minute. Stir in broth and Worcestershire; stir until sauce is smooth.
- Bring gravy to a simmer; stir in browned beef and any accumulated juices. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until beef registers 130 to 135 degrees. Remove from heat and stir in vinegar.